Tickmill, an acclaimed ECN broker, provides trading opportunities in the forex, indices, and commodities markets. In this comprehensive review, we will delve into the key aspects of Tickmill, including its trading platforms, spreads, bonuses, as well as deposit and withdrawal options. Discover if Tickmill is the right choice for your trading needs.
Tickmill Ltd is a proud member of the global Tickmill Group, a consortium of trading companies established in the 1980s. Presently, the broker operates in more than 200 countries and boasts an impressive average monthly trading volume exceeding $121 billion. While headquartered in London, the company maintains multiple offices worldwide, serving clients from diverse regions such as Indonesia, South Africa, Tanzania, Vietnam, Estonia, Australia, and Malaysia. Additionally, the Tickmill Group includes entities like Tickmill Prime and Tickmill UK, both registered in the Isle of Man.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) Platform: The MT4 platform stands out as the premier choice for forex traders due to its user-friendly interface, customizable dashboard, and an array of features. Traders on this platform enjoy benefits such as EA trading, advanced charting tools, over 50 indicators, historical data access, order management tools, and an advanced notification system.
WebTrader Platform: Tickmill offers a web-based platform that eliminates the need for software downloads. The WebTrader platform features more than 30 indicators, nine timeframes, real-time quotes, an intuitive interface, and customizable price charts.
Tickmill provides its clients with access to a diverse range of tradeable instruments, including:
- Forex: Trade on over 60 major, minor, and exotic currency pairs, including GBP/USD, EUR/GBP, and ZAR/USD.
- Stock Indices: Access more than 14 global indices, including the FTSE, DAX, Dow Jones (US30), and NASDAQ (Nas100).
- Commodities: Trade commodities such as WTI oil and precious metals like gold (XAUUSD) and silver (XAGUSD).
- Bonds: Select from a variety of German bonds.
Spreads & Fees
The Tickmill Classic account offers commission-free trading with variable spreads starting at 1.6 pips. Pro and VIP account holders can enjoy spreads starting from zero pips with low commissions. Transaction fees are covered up to $100, but dormant accounts may incur inactivity fees. Triple swap charges apply to positions held overnight.
Tickmill offers varying leverage levels depending on the asset being traded:
- Stock Indices: 1:100
- Metals: 1:500
- Bonds: 1:100
- Oil: 1:100
- Forex: 1:500
Detailed information about margin requirements and a margin calculator can be found on the Tickmill website.
Tickmill provides mobile trading options for both Android (APK) and Apple (iOS) devices, allowing traders to stay engaged while on the move. The mobile app offers market analysis, price trend analysis, direct trading from charts, deposit and withdrawal functionality, and the ability to utilize available bonuses.
Accepted payment methods at Tickmill include bank transfers, Visa/Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, and QIWI. The minimum deposit for Classic and Pro accounts is $100, while the VIP account requires a minimum deposit of $5,000. The minimum withdrawal amount is $25, and payments are processed in EUR, GBP, USD, and PLN.
Tickmill offers a forex and CFD demo account, providing traders with a risk-free environment to test the MT4 platform, explore new strategies, and familiarize themselves with additional features. The demo server also offers rich market history data.
Deals & Promotions
Tickmill offers several promotional offers, including:
- 'Get Paid To Trade' loyalty program: Earn cash rebates of up to $0.75 per lot traded based on your monthly volume.
- $30 welcome bonus: Receive a welcome bonus by setting up and logging into your account.
- Trader of the month: The top-performing trader can earn a $1,000 free trading bonus.
- Predict the NFP: Have a chance to win $500.
Please refer to the 'Promotions' tab for the full terms and conditions of these offers. The customer support team is available to assist with any bonus-related queries.
Note that these deals may not be available to all account holders and in all jurisdictions. Regulatory oversight may limit access to promotions for clients trading with Tickmill UK and Tickmill Europe.
Regulation & Licensing
Tickmill Ltd is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA), Tickmill UK Ltd is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and Tickmill Europe Ltd is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). These reputable regulatory agencies contribute to Tickmill's high trust rating.
Tickmill offers a range of additional features to support traders, including:
- Free VPS (Virtual Private Server)
- News blog
- TradingView integration
- Economic calendar
- One-click (EA) trading
- Video tutorials and seminars
- Forex and pip calculators
Tickmill offers three main account types:
- Classic: Ideal for both beginners and experienced traders, offering CFD trading on 62 currency pairs, major indices, bonds, and commodities. Variable spreads start from 1.6 pips with no commissions.
- Pro: Designed for experienced traders, featuring spreads from zero pips and commissions of 2 currency units per side per lot (0.0020% notional). There are no commissions on stock indices, oil, and bonds.
- VIP: An exclusive account for high-volume traders with spreads starting from zero pips. It requires a minimum deposit of $50,000, and commissions are charged at 1 currency unit per side per lot. There are no commissions on CFDs, stock indices, oil, and bonds.
Additionally, Tickmill offers an Islamic trading account option.
Forex trading is available 24 hours a day, five days a week. German bonds can be traded from 00:00 to 23:00 GMT. Gold markets are open from Monday to Friday, 01:02 to 23:57 GMT, and Silver markets are open Monday to Thursday from 01:00-24:00 GMT and Friday 01:00 to 23:57 GMT. The trading hours for CFDs vary based on the respective market.
Tickmill provides customer support from Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM GMT, through various channels:
- Phone: +852 5808 2921
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat: Accessible through the chat logo on the homepage
The support team can assist with a wide range of queries, including registration, verification documents, swap-free conditions, password recovery, and account FAQs. Additional information can be found on Tickmill's LinkedIn and YouTube platforms.
Tickmill ensures the security of client funds by complying with FSA standards and keeping client funds in segregated accounts. The broker adheres to industry safety standards and provides secure deposit and withdrawal options. Negative balance protection is available to all clients.
Tickmill is a regulated broker offering the popular MT4 trading platform, a comprehensive suite of additional resources, and multiple account options. When comparing Tickmill to competitors like Pepperstone, XM, ZuluTrade, or IC Markets, traders can benefit from competitive fees while potentially sacrificing a more extensive product list.
Tickmill Pros and Cons
- A robust suite of trading tools, including MT4, MT5, VPS, Autochartist, Acuity, and forex calculators.
- Beginner-friendly educational content with user tutorials and analyst insights.
- Three live account options with five base currencies and competitive pricing.
- Oversight by tier-one and tier-two regulators: FCA and CySEC.
- A wide selection of funding methods, including PayPal.
- Over 500 markets, encompassing forex, stocks, and commodities.
- Allows hedging and scalping.
- Services are not available to clients from the US, Japan, or Canada.
- Limited regulatory oversight if signing up with the offshore branch.
- Telephone support is available during office hours only.
Tickmill Broker Details
Disclaimer: - We at forexoverflow do not endorse neither refer anyone to trading broker websites. The information is for educational purpose and source of information is from the broker website.