Enter the realm of ThinkMarkets, a beacon of trustworthiness in the world of forex and CFD trading. Here, users are presented with a tantalizing choice between the MT4, MT5, and the innovative ThinkTrader platform. This, combined with budget-friendly trading fees and a rich palette of over 4000 instruments, positions ThinkMarkets as a compelling prospect. In our exploration, we will dissect the login process, navigate the client portal's features, and much more.
Overview of ThinkMarkets
In the year 2010, the luminary Nauman Anees set the foundation for ThinkMarkets. With its headquarters rooted in both Melbourne and London, it is an integral part of Think Capital Limited, a registered company nestled in Bermuda.
Since its inception, ThinkMarkets has expanded its trading horizons, beckoning over 550,000 users from 180 countries, including Indonesia, Egypt, the UAE, and Bulgaria. In 2018, ThinkMarkets made waves by enabling Australian investors to delve into the emerging financial technology market with a colossal £100 million IPO on the ASX.
This broker dances to the tunes of regulation, overseen by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), South Africa’s Financial Services Conduct Authority (FSCA), and the Financial Services Authority (FSA) Seychelles. But that's not all; it boasts two additional regulatory feathers in its cap, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) in Europe, as well as the Japanese Financial Services Agency (JFSA).
Three formidable trading platforms beckon: the in-house ThinkTrader, MetaTrader 4 (MT4), and the latest rendition, MetaTrader 5 (MT5).
The broker's proprietary ThinkTrader platform exudes sophistication and user-friendliness. With over 125 indicators, 50 drawing tools, and an array of chart types, it's a treasure trove for traders. Clients also enjoy nearly 200 cloud-based notifications. Direct chart trading is at your fingertips, alongside standard risk management tools and a plethora of order types.
• MetaTrader 4
MT4 is your steadfast companion, available for free download on your PC. It promises rapid trade execution, boasting over 100 indicators and one-click trading. The MT4 system sweetens the deal with a slew of apps and additional features, including free access to Trading Central, a VPS, and FXWirePro.
• MetaTrader 5
The MT5 platform takes the legacy of MT4 a step further, catering to seasoned traders with advanced tools and analytical features. Users revel in additional technical indicators, diverse timeframes, an enhanced strategy tester for EAs, and an embedded economic calendar.
Trading Instrument of ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets unfurls a tapestry of over 3500 tradable instruments across various domains:
• Forex – 46 majors, minors, and exotics
• Stocks – A staggering 3500+ shares & ETFs at your disposal
• Indices – An ensemble of 15+ global indices
• Commodities – Venture into oil, gas, and agriculture
• Precious metals – The shimmer of gold, silver, platinum, and copper
• Cryptocurrencies – Over 20 options, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, and more (Please note: Crypto CFDs are not available to retail traders in the UK)
• Futures – Explore 10+ futures, including BRENT, WTI, and COTTON
Spreads & Commissions
When it comes to trading fees, ThinkMarkets emerges victorious. Spreads vary and can dive to zero pips on major FX pairs like EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Should you opt for the ThinkZero spread account, a $3.5 commission per side of 100,000 (£2.5 units per side in the UK) applies, but exclusively to FX and Metals. ThinkZero accounts find their home on both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms. Keep in mind, the broker retains the prerogative to levy an inactivity fee, but swap rates are conspicuously absent, much to traders' delight.
The maximum leverage is a fluid concept, dependent on the type of account (retail/professional) and the specific ThinkMarkets entity:
• Forex – Leverage scaling up to 1:500
• Indices – Enjoy leverage up to 1:200
• Commodities – Experience leverage up to 1:200
• Cryptocurrency – Navigate the crypto seas with leverage up to 1:10
Maintaining an adequate capital buffer is your ticket to sidestep the dreaded margin call. It's worth noting that due to regulations, traders from Europe, the UK, and Australia are limited to a 1:30 maximum leverage.
ThinkMarkets extends its warm embrace through ThinkTrader, a robust mobile app. Available for both iOS and Android devices, this app has undergone a transformation from Trade Interceptor to provide an enhanced mobile trading experience. It proudly wears a five-star rating, bestowed upon it by a community of more than 15,000 users. The award-winning mobile program ushers in a diverse spectrum of markets, in-app chat support, and a wealth of analytical tools and technical indicators.
Funding your account is a breeze with a choice of deposit methods (availability may vary based on the client's country of residence and the specific ThinkMarkets entity):
• Bank transfer – Supporting AUD, GBP, EUR, CHF, USD, and processed within 1 – 3 business days
• Credit & debit card – Accepting AUD, GBP, EUR, CHF, USD, with instant processing
• Skrill – Supporting AUD, GBP, EUR, CHF, USD, with processing times of up to 10 minutes
• Neteller – Embracing AUD, GBP, USD, JPY, EUR, and processed within up to 10 minutes
• Bitpay – Engaging with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash, and processed within up to 10 minutes
• Google Pay & Apple Pay – For USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, and processed within up to 10 minutes
A noteworthy point to highlight is that there's no minimum deposit requirement for the Standard account. However, for those eyeing the ThinkZero account, a minimum deposit of $/£500 is in order. For added security, remember that the withdrawal and deposit method must align.
Withdrawals are typically processed within 24 hours, though it may take up to seven working days. In the case of bank transfers, the minimum withdrawal amount stands at $/£100. The good news is that there are no deposit or withdrawal fees to fret about when dealing with ThinkMarkets.
ThinkMarkets generously provides a demo account, stocked with $/£25,000 in practice capital. It's a playground where users can refine their strategies and acquaint themselves with the MT4, MT5, and ThinkTrader platforms. Note that demo accounts on MT4/MT5 expire after 90 days of inactivity, while those on the ThinkTrader platform live on indefinitely, although ThinkMarkets reserves the right to close them.
Bonuses and Promotions
As of now, ThinkMarkets doesn't have any active promotions or offers in place. It's worth keeping an eye on their official channels for any updates.
Regulations and Licenses
The guardian of ThinkMarkets is TF Global Markets UK Ltd, holding a coveted FCA registration. Moreover, the group has secured licenses from prominent bodies such as the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), South Africa’s Financial Services Conduct Authority (FSCA), Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), Japan’s Financial Services Agency (JFSA), and the Financial Services Authority (FSA) Seychelles. The broker further extends a protective hand with a £1 million insurance protection plan, safeguarding users from negative balance perils.
ThinkMarkets boasts an impressive library of educational resources. For novices, there are a multitude of video tutorials and an extensive trading glossary. Intermediate and advanced traders can also find targeted tutorials to elevate their skills. Additionally, the treasure trove includes trend PDFs, market news, and blogs penned by industry experts, all readily accessible on the broker's website.
A standout feature is the partnership with Signal Centre, delivering actionable trading signals directly to the broker's platforms. Traders can savor up to 40 signals daily, spanning a range of financial markets, encompassing forex, equities, commodities, and indices. These tools are meticulously crafted to empower traders in maximizing gains and minimizing losses.
Diverse Account Offerings
ThinkMarkets presents two sought-after retail accounts:
• Standard account – Sporting an average FX spread of 1.2 pips, it comes without any commission or minimum deposit requirements. The maximum trade size is capped at 50 lots, and VPS access is available via MT4 and MT5. However, there's no access to an account manager.
• ThinkZero – Boasting an impressive average FX spread of 0.1 pips, it does entail a $3.5 / £2.5 unit commission per side. To unlock this account, a minimum deposit of $/£500 is required, and it accommodates a maximum trade size of 100 lots. ThinkZero is tailored for traders who yearn for razor-thin spreads and substantial position sizes. Additionally,
ThinkMarkets offers Islamic trading accounts and the option for joint accounts. Please note that this broker doesn't follow an ECN model and is primarily a market maker.
ThinkMarkets follows the standard trading hours, aligning with the opening and closing times of respective markets. For forex and indices, the prime trading window typically spans from Monday to Friday. Specific opening hours for contracts can be conveniently located on the broker's website.
Customer Support System
ThinkMarkets proudly offers a multilingual customer support team that stands at the ready 24/7. They can be reached through various channels, including:
• Email – email@example.com
• Telephone – With dedicated lines for the UK, Australia, Italy, Spain, and South Africa
• Live chat – Accessible on the website and mobile app
• A self-service FAQ client portal and online query form are at the disposal of users, making it a breeze to find answers to common queries.
• To stay updated with the latest product launches and promotional news, ThinkMarkets encourages users to explore their social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• ThinkMarkets casts a wide net, with global offices scattered in London, Chicago, Melbourne, and South Africa.
Security and Safety
The ThinkMarkets website is fortified with industry-standard encryption protocols. Furthermore, the MetaTrader platforms employ one-time passwords to fortify the security barrier, ensuring your peace of mind.
Pros and Cons
• Competitive fees, with appealing spreads on the commission-free account and slender spreads with a low $3.5 commission on ThinkZero
• The unique Traders' Gym simulation tool for testing strategies on historical data, complete with multiple timeframes and customized features
• A wealth of educational resources catering to beginners, intermediates, and advanced traders, complemented by live webinars
• Three stable and award-winning platforms, seamlessly integrated with the broker's Signal Centre
• Top-tier regulation by FCA, ASIC, and CySEC, along with offshore branches offering high leverage
• Free VPS hosting available for MT4 and MT5, an asset for traders employing Expert Advisors (EAs)
• Round-the-clock multilingual customer support through telephone, email, and live chat • Straightforward and swift account opening process
• A $500 minimum deposit for ThinkZero account
• Limited payment methods for UK traders
• Relatively few bonus offers, refer-a-friend schemes, or trading competitions
ThinkMarkets emerges as a standout forex and CFD broker. With its range of trading platforms, extensive offering of instruments, and competitive fees, it's an alluring choice for both beginners and seasoned traders. What's more, its robust regulation from the FCA, ASIC, and CySEC, along with offshore branches offering high leverage, positions ThinkMarkets as a reliable and trustworthy partner in your trading journey.
ThinkMarkets Broker Details
Disclaimer: - We at forexoverflow do not endorse neither refer anyone to trading broker websites. The information is for educational purpose and source of information is from the broker website.