Established in 2004, Dukascopy is a renowned Swiss forex broker and bank that has held a Swiss bank license since 2010. It is recognized for its commitment to security, transparency, and a wide range of trading services. In this comprehensive review, we'll delve into Dukascopy's regulations, trading platforms, advantages, disadvantages, and trader ratings.
Dukascopy is rigorously regulated, ensuring a high level of trustworthiness. It falls under the oversight of two major regulatory bodies: FINMA (Switzerland) and JFSA (Japan). With its headquarters based in Geneva, Switzerland, Dukascopy maintains a global presence through offices in China, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Russia, Ukraine, and the UAE.
Dukascopy offers a selection of robust trading platforms to cater to traders' diverse needs:
- JForex: This proprietary trading platform supports algorithmic trading, custom indicators, and boasts a rich library of apps available at the Dukascopy app store. It's a versatile choice for traders seeking advanced features.
- MT4: Dukascopy also supports the widely popular MetaTrader 4 platform, known for its comprehensive charting and analysis tools.
- WebTrader: This web-based platform allows traders to access their accounts from any web browser without the need for software installation. It offers real-time quotes, advanced charting, and diverse order types.
Dukascopy provides access to a wide range of trading instruments, including:
- Over 60 forex pairs
- Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Dukascoin (DUK+) - Dukascopy's proprietary cryptocurrency
- CFDs on stock indexes, bonds, precious metals, and commodities
Dukascopy TV is a unique studio located in Geneva, offering valuable market analysis and interviews with influential figures. It's a valuable resource for staying informed about market developments.
Dukascopy equips traders with a suite of essential tools, including:
- Live economic news calendar
- News streams by MarketPulse and Reuters
- SWFX Sentiment Index
- And many more, ensuring traders have the necessary resources for informed decision-making.
Types of Trading Accounts:
Dukascopy offers various trading accounts to accommodate diverse trading preferences:
- Unlimited Demo Accounts
- Demo accounts with a time limit
- ECN accounts for advanced traders
- STP accounts for both beginners and experts
- Swap-free accounts for those adhering to Islamic finance principles
- VIP accounts tailored to high-net-worth individuals and institutions
- Segregated accounts for enhanced fund protection
Dukascopy offers flexible trading denominations, allowing traders to start small and scale up as they gain experience. Forex trades can be as small as 1,000 units, while larger trades can go up to 200 million units, catering to traders with varying capital.
Dukascopy Bank SA is the cornerstone of the Dukascopy group, founded in 1998. The group includes various subsidiaries and entities working together to provide top-tier services. This well-structured organization and experienced leadership contribute to Dukascopy's positive reputation among traders and industry experts.
Dukascopy places a strong emphasis on customer protection. As a Swiss bank, it adheres to the Swiss Banking Act, safeguarding customer deposits up to CHF 100,000. Additionally, as a member of the Swiss Bankers Association, Dukascopy upholds high banking and customer protection standards. Measures like negative balance protection and advanced data encryption ensure customers' security and peace of mind.
Dukascopy offers a diverse range of tradable instruments, with leverage of up to 1:200 for forex trading. Educational resources, including trading guides, video tutorials, webinars, and live events, are readily available to all clients. This comprehensive training program sets Dukascopy apart and has earned it acclaim in trader reviews.
Advantages of Dukascopy:
- Regulated by FINMA, ensuring a high level of trust
- Over two decades of experience in the industry
- Swiss Bank deposit protection up to CHF 100,000 per client
- A vast array of over 1,200 trading instruments
- Access to a substantial liquidity pool
- Online account opening with video identification
- Competitive spreads, starting from 0.1 pips on EUR/USD
- Multiple trading platforms, including JForex, MT4, and mobile options
- Support for hedging and scalping strategies
- A wide range of trading orders, including MIT, limit orders, oco, and TP/SL orders
- High-quality customer support available 24/7 in 12 languages
- Leverage limited to 1:200
- Higher trading commissions for Islamic account traders
- Account deposit limits may apply based on the provided information during account opening.
In summary, Dukascopy Bank is a well-established and regulated Swiss forex broker offering a comprehensive suite of trading services and resources. While it has garnered positive reviews, traders should be mindful of account-specific limitations and exercise caution with leverage.
Disclaimer: - We at forexoverflow do not endorse neither refer anyone to trading broker websites. The information is for educational purpose and source of information is from the broker website.